Friday, August 14, 2009

16-weeks

Well we have reached 16 weeks in the pregnancy and everything is going great. Right now, it is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Its legs are much more developed, its head is more erect than it has been, and its eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. Its ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of its scalp has begun, though its locks aren't recognizable yet. It's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, its heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as our baby continues to develop. (Taken from www.babycenter.com)

Here is the latest picture - Lauren has developed a slight baby bump, which I think is just adorable :-)

Only 4 weeks left until we know the sex of the baby!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Boo...they're making you wait until 20 weeks?! We found out at 17. I was hoping they'd send you for that early.

    You're looking good. Hopefully feeling good too. The second trimester is definitely the honeymoon phase as far as comfort. Enjoy it!!! :) I'm so excited for you. Your little baby bump is coming along nicely, and I can't believe how fast time is going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either!! I go in for an appt tomorrow, so I am going to see if we can find out earlier....cross your fingers!

    I am feeling much better - just tired now (and a bit hormonal)....at least I can eat now =)

    ReplyDelete