Saturday, June 20, 2009

Being Preggers....

So, being pregnant is TOUGH!!! And I am not even 25% done....yikes!!! I feel like I haven't slept in a week, I have to go potty every 2-3 hours (even at night!), I am constantly nauseated and I have a few other issues that I will refrain from listing - although if you ask Andy he would be happy to tell you!!

I really don't know how people do this more than once - they say you forget all they symptoms and pain, but I really don't see how anyone could forget all of this - lol!

We will be finding out what the sex is - as soon as possible - so we can finish picking the bedding and what colors to paint the room. Andy wants a boy and I want a girl (no surprises there!). So far the votes are about 50/50. I know SO many people who have had boys though, I really hope the odds are in my favor and I get a girl =)

We have also decided to turn our dining room into a study so we have an extra bedroom - I hear the baby will need a place to sleep once it gets here ;-) We have three contractors giving bids, so hopefully we will be able to get this done quickly and cheaply. It does not entail too much - walling off an opening from the kitchen into the dining room, putting in some french doors from the entryway into the dining room, painting the room, and replacing the baseboards. I think it will really add to the house....I mean how many people in our age group/starter home price range actually use a dining room??!! We don't even have furniture in there at the moment!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry...the second trimester will just hit you and you will feel great! (well, I had about a weekly migraine but the rest of each week was wonderful.) Take it easy...rest a lot. Make the hubby do everything. Brian was a huge help, and remember your body is working HARD. Even though no one can see it.

    Enjoy this time too...of not knowing the sex of the baby. As silly as it sounds once you find out the months drag on and on and on b/c now all you can think about is I wonder what he/she looks like and now all you can do is wait. Aaaahhh!!! Savor every moment...it may seem like torture but it really is a lot of fun.

    (And if you think it's bad now...just wait until you're the size of a pumpkin, you're exhausted, it's 3 a.m. and the little bugger decides it's time to stretch and play soccer in there. OUCH!!!) Oh yeah...and then there's always labor. lol See...it makes the first trimester seem better already. We're trying again in a 6 more months so you really do forget the bad stuff quickly...or at least it doesn't seem as bad in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till the second trimester - I hear it is much better! But you are right, that leads to the third - where I am sure I will be as big as the house - and then to labor (that scares me!!). Andy is a huge help though - he has been doing everything around the house....so sweet. It also helps he is off for the summer and only has to go to ATM Friday's and Saturday's (I miss him on Saturday!).

    ReplyDelete