Thursday, January 7, 2010

STELLA IS HERE!!

Surprise - Stella came early - WAY early!!!! I wanted her to come out, but geez, I was not prepared for the 4th....I guess that is lesson #1 with kids - expect the unexpected!!!! HA =)

If anyone wants to know - my water broke at about 4:45 am on the 4th. It was quite freaky, and not something that was anticipated. I really didn't have contractions at first, so I was not really sure what was going on in there. Once we arrived at the hospital, around 5:30, we went into triage in the maternity ward and they confirmed my water broke, and said I was 2cm, so I was moved to a room where everything would happen. They started the Pitocin drip around 8 I think (I am not quite sure, it could have been 9, I was tired!)....that stuff is the worst medicine ever. I quickly decided to get the epidural - very good idea =). After the epidural was placed around 10:30/11 everything started to speed up. They checked me at 1pm and I was 8ish cm dialated, they then checked me around 2:15 and I was almost 10cm. The nurses had me start to push around 2:45 and we did 4 or 5 sets of 3 before the doctor got there - which was apparently too many because around 3:15 they told me to not push when I felt the urge - that is hard to do! The doc arrived and we did one set of 3 and her head was out. On the second set of 3 the rest of her arrived!!! Stella was born at 3:29pm Jan 4th 2010!!

2 comments:

  1. Dude...stats! Height, weight???? PICTURES??????? ;)

    Congratulations! The 2nd half of your labor sounds just like mine. My dr. about ran in in enough time to catch Gabriel as he arrived. lol I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read all of your blog posts about little Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget to tell that info!! I have talked to several people at work, and they have all had to ask - HAHA!! Plus, to me, she is a tiny baby that I still can't believe is here - so that is all i think =)

    She is feisty though - just like how she was in the womb!!

    ReplyDelete