Friday, January 8, 2010

Stella's Info

When she was born she:

Weighed 6 lbs 7 ounces
Was 19.5 inches tall
Had a good Apgar rating
And, you could tell her lungs were fully developed by the shrieks that were coming out of her when they were trying to bathe her - HA!!!

She is a little jaundice now due to being 3 weeks early and having some breastfeeding problems, but we think everyone is on the same page with the feeding now (after a consultation with a WONDERFUL lactation expert at the hospital - that we had yesterday after I had a meltdown!). We also went to the doc this morning just to be on the safe side (the weekend is coming, and you know kids always get sick after 5pm on Friday) - the doc said everything was OK and we just need to come back next week for her 1 week tests.

I foresee a very feisty kid in my future!!

2 comments:

  1. What a petite little thing! Can't wait to see her. :)

    Good luck with the breastfeeding. I truly wish it had worked out for me and it sounds like you're off to a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again. that's so exciting. I had several nursing meltdown's myself. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete