Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sleep

Stella is one crazy baby =)

Last night we went to bed around 10:15 (which means she lays down next to me and nurses to sleep) and all was going well. She fell asleep and was out cold by 10:40 or so. I decided to try to put her in her Safe Sleeper (little bed in our bed between Andy and I) - apparently because I was crazy and thought she might like it. Well, Stella slept for about 10-15 minutes before she woke up. First her arm twitched and she moved a little, then her arm flung up, her eyes opened wide and she cried. The look on her face was one of sheer terror. Now, it is not like she woke up in her crib, by herself, in a strange place. She was about 6 inches from where she fell asleep still next to me - just not touching me. Needless to say, I then spent 30 minutes getting her back to sleep =)

I know babies aren't supposed to know about manipulation yet, but it seems like they know emotions like "mad" and "scared".....so wouldn't they know the others? I just don't know why she gets so upset - I have never left her longer than a couple hours to go to the doctor. I have to go back to work next week - I do don't see that going well!

1 comment:

  1. The twitching is like our sensation of falling. That's what is waking her up. Happens when babies are sleeping on their back. I promise if you can get her to sleep in a Swaddle blanket (Kiddopotamus) she won't have that issue anymore.

    ReplyDelete