Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's already August?!?!

I can't believe Stella is already 7 month old. It feels like she was just born yesterday!

Since going back to work in May, time has really gotten away from me. I feel like I am going 24/7, and yet I don't really get anything accomplished. I get up at the crack of dark, work 9-10 hours, come home and play/feed/bathe Stella, put her to bed, clean up some, and then go to sleep only to be woken up 1-3 times over the next 7 hours.....then I have to start all over again! Needless to say, I feel like a zombie most days. If I could just get Stel to sleep through the night and stay in her own bed, I think I would feel better - lol!!!!

Andy goes back to work in a week, and that makes me sad. Now, instead of leaving Stel with daddy all day, she will be with a nanny. Now, I know most people have to work and put their kids in daycare - I just didn't think I would have to do that. I am so sad =( Andy and I went through an agency in Houston to find our nanny. She is nice - 49 years old, been a nanny for 20+ years, had wonderful references, and speaks Spanish so she can teach Stella some. I am happy that we are getting a nanny so Stel can have 1 on 1 time with someone. I was not a fan of having to put her in daycare - I didn't care what I had to do, she was just not ready to be going to a place with more than 1 other kid her age (my opinion, not shared by most other people, but that is a whole other story). With the nanny she can get all the attention that she needs (which is a lot according to her, lol!!) and we will hopefully ward off many of the illnesses that come with daycares. I hope she will be happy and understand mommy and daddy are not leaving her (and don't want to leave her) with a stranger - that we have to work to take care of her. But, I think that might be asking too much from a 7 month old =)

As for Stella's development - she has cut 2 teeth since July 23rd and started crawling August 6th. She also says "da-da-da-da" constantly......she really needs to throw in a "ma-ma-ma" once in a while!!!

4 comments:

  1. All of the thought you put into her care is just further proof of what loving parents Stella has! :) She's so lucky!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she'll be great! I was with a babysitter till I was 2 I think...I don't remember it :) I wouldn't want my babies in a big day care at that age either. Although they learn stuff even as babies from older kids it's really not crucial to have a social life till their like 12-18 months.

    You are awesome for being able to work full time outside the house and be a mommy.

    ReplyDelete