Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time

So, can anyone guess how well I follow 'New Years resolutions'?? Ha - if you guessed 'not well' then you would be correct =) The last two weeks have really been a blur - I can't believe it is already Jan 20th!! Time sure does fly when you get old ;-)

Let's see, work was super busy today. Not only did we gain more brokers (fleeing from Merrill Lynch/BAC), but the stock market went up in flames. The latter was a bit of a surprise today - most people in the office would have predicted a bump because of Obama's inauguration. I guess the people who were playing the markets today were looking at bank earnings rather than what Aretha Franklin was wearing! I just hope companies earnings begin to pick up over the next quarter (a BIG wish).

As for our new president - I am super excited. I think he brings a fresh perspective to the office and hopefully will present a different side of the US to the rest of the world. Now if he can only bring forward some green initiatives that will actually make a difference, that would rock!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Did you see what she was wearing???? Ugh...not a fashion statement I would want to make. Michelle Obama's inauguration outfit was beautiful though! I am eager to see what the next four years brings as well. :) My prayers are definitely with President Obama.

    ReplyDelete