Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Month Old

Stella is a month old....actually almost 5 full weeks now. And she still we weighs under 7 pounds!?!?!? Yes, she is a tiny little one - in the 3-5th percentile for weight and height (20 inches). I told her the 3rd percentile is great for school and test scores - we want her to be smart =) - but I would prefer that she starts to grow and goes into the average range for height/weight! I guess we will see what happens in the next month. I am not looking forward to the next appointment though since she will be getting shots....=( I think daddy needs to go with us for that!

Other than that, the doc said she is looking well. Although I am a little worried she will get sick in the next week since my mom and I have been sick all this past week - and in the haze that is 2am, I know I have coughed right on her! I really am not looking forward to caring for a sick baby....she is fussy enough as it is!! So Stella, how about you not get sick?? That would make me happy =)

The last month has been a big blur. In fact, it has really felt like one looooong day. I know everyone says to enjoy them while they are this age, they grow so fast, etc......but I have to say, I can't wait for this time next year. I have found out that I am not so much a baby person - I mean, I love babies and think they are adorable, but I like to be able to hand them over when they start to cry - lol!!! I will be happy when Stella starts to interact with us more and show her personality. I also figure at that point she will be sleeping in her own bed and being able to be put down without constant screaming!!! That will be so nice =)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, she's so sweet! If you are able to nurse, she may not get sick. I had a stomach bug when Zachary was a baby and he didn't get it....but you never know. Keep growing Stella!

    ReplyDelete