Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Outing


Stella went shopping for the first time today. Here, she was having a snack and trying to avoid the paparazzi.....=)

How hard is it to shop with a baby? Really hard. First, all doors should be automatic doors. It is hard to open a door and get a stroller through it. Second, steering a stroller while tired is not a good idea - you run into a lot of things - lol!! Lastly, how on earth are you supposed to try anything on if you are by yourself with the kiddo? I mean, not that I want to see what size my big butt and gut fits into now, but I would like regular pants again and how do you do that with a baby? I don't see Stella being patient while I attempt to find a pair of jeans (or fitting into the dressing room in her stroller). haha!!

3 comments:

  1. Go through doors backwards. It's the easiest way.

    Ask for the handicapped dressing room and either face her towards the mirror so she can see herself and you, or just towards you. Make funny faces, talk, sing. And just try on a small number of items. Then get on the move again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have done this before - lol =)

    I will try that next time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...and keep an extra little toy bag handy. Something small with small things in it that are only for outings. Like in Gabriel's I used to keep a soft crinkle book, a teething toy, his firefly, a lovey of some sort. You know what she likes. And keep those in that bag at all times. Don't take them out at home (except to clean them of course). That way when you go out shopping they're like new each time. :)

    ReplyDelete